[Geoqus] On Geostatic Step

Kasper Fischer kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 24 14:20:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I assume you have allready tried to do a *geosatic calculation and this
still results in the 10 cm displacement. I would suggest that you try
also to constrain all nodes to have zero displacement in the *geostatic
step and then relax all constrains but the one you have to leave in your
model in a subsequent step. If that still doesn't help try to calculate
the stress by abaqus itself an import them in your calculations as
initial conditions. This approach was suggested by S. Ellis and you may
have to take a look at her poster, which is available at
http://www.geophysik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/geoqus2007

Best regards

Kasper

PS: Please subscribe to the geoqus mailing list. Otherwise I have to
mannually mark all of your e-mails as accepted. Instructions can be
found at http://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/geoqus

| Dr. Kasper D. Fischer             <kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> |
| Ruhr-Universität Bochum                                               |
| Institut für Geologie, Mineralogie und Geophysik                      |
| NA 3 / 174                        Tel: +49 234 3227574                |
| D-44780 Bochum                    Fax: +49 234 3214181                |
| Germany                           www.geophysik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de    |