[Geoqus] On creating new field variable using Scripting interface

Fabio A. Capitanio capitanio at tomo.ig.erdw.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 30 09:38:42 CEST 2007

Bassam,
alternatively you can access the odb file, output everything you need
in single files and then post-process the results with usual tools.
This is important whenever you need something abaqus doesn't provide
directly.
I'll just give you an example of what are my usual post-processing
routines:
Acces odb file
Output Coordinates, Stress Tensor and Strain Rate Tensor on a separate
files (this is very fast)
Calculate power dissipation, second invariants, effective viscosity and
plot mesh with Matlab.

This is much faster than working with abaqus post-processor
you'll find python routines in the manual
otherwise let me know I'll send you one of mine

cheers
fac

On 29 Mar 2007, at 8:57 PM, bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca wrote:

> Hello dears
> I am willing to use the scripting interface in ABAQUS can be used for
> post processing the results and getting appropriate output variables.
> Basically the new variable I am willing to obtain is the ratio SF=Mises
> stress at a point (resisting) / Maximum Mises stress (operating) at
> that point. I never used Python or scripting interface before can
> anybody guides my systematically (steps of how can I do that. Any body
> did that before..
>

> I really appreciate your help
>
> Thank you
> Bassam