[Geoqus] On the Consolidation Analysis

bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu May 17 06:49:32 CEST 2007

Hello

I am conducting Consolidation analysis where gravity is important (high
earth structure). As self-weight is applied through gravity , the
results will be reported in terms of Total (not access) pore water
pressure.
Is there any way to extract the access pore pressure from the results
of such results of Total Pore Pressure..
The Doc says : yes, provided one has to apply the weight load through
body force (not through gravity). However, I am using Drainge-Only
feature that necessitates using gravity force.
Any one knows how this issue can be worked out.

Bassam